American Physical Society: The mission of the Society to be "to advance and diffuse the knowledge of physics", and in one way or another the APS has been at that task ever since.
Arts and Sciences Graduate Student Organization: An official university student organization that advocates the interests and concerns of the graduate students of the Arts & Sciences.
The Association of Physics and Astronomy Graduate Students (APAGS) supports the interests of the graduate students within the Physics and Astronomy department. APAGS provides the primary avenue of communications between graduate students and the administration as well as serve as a center for social activities.
City of Pittsburgh Information
University Academic Resources
- Dean's Office, Arts and Sciences Graduate Studies [admissions, financial assistance, etc.]
- Departmental Graduate Programs in the Arts and Sciences
- Graduate and Professonal Bulletin
- University of Pittsburgh Academic Calendar
Because of our institutional affiliations, your graduate educational experience will be enhanced by access to:
- Graduate Student Computer Lab
- Allegheny Observatory
- Large-Telescope Consortia: SDSS,ACT, Pan-STARRS, LSST National and international observatories
- Gertrude E. and John M. Peterson Institute of NanoScience and Engineering
- Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center
- T2K, a neutrino experiment in Japan, and future neutrino facilities
- LHC/Atlas at CERN
- Tevatron at the Fermi National Laboratory
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center