Ultra-VioLETS (or Visibility of LGBTQ+ Experimentalists, Theorists, and Staff) is an affinity group of the department of Physics and Astronomy dedicated to providing a safe space for LGBTQ+ members of the department and our allies to socialize, have candid discussions, and promote inclusivity. All are welcome to attend and participate in our regular meetings and events!
Pride in Physics:
Pride at Pitt
- Pitt Office of Diversity and Inclusion
- Pitt Arts and Sciences Dietrich School Diversity Committee
- Pitt Arts and Sciences Graduate Studies Diversity & Inclusion
- Single-occupancy restrooms on campus
- University of Pittsburgh researchers find “greater perceived inclusion of sexual- and gender-minority people on campus was associated with significantly lower odds of experiencing sexual assault victimization.” Reuters article. Journal article.