A $4,000 tuition scholarship will be applied to the undergraduate student’s tuition account at the University of Pittsburgh.
Any University of Pittsburgh declared undergraduate Physics and/or Astronomy major is eligible to apply provided that they:
- Are interested in doing research in the Department and
- Do not receive scholarship support equal to full tuition from other sources and
- Have at least one additional full-year of undergraduate study remaining to be completed (following the application deadline) at the University of Pittsburgh prior to graduation.
The application, to be prepared by the applicant, should not exceed two typed pages in length (excluding cover page) and should include the following information:
- Cover Page that includes the following information:
- Name of award
- Name of applicant
- Email address
- Phone number
- Major and academic level (i.e.: freshman through senior)
- Background (Departmental coursework, relevant experience, etc.)
- Faculty mentor for project
- Research question to be explored (i.e., task definition)
- Approach to the research
Expectations of Winner
The successful candidate will be expected to carry out the proposed research project with a faculty member in the Department. This person will also be expected to discuss the research experience and results in the annual Sanielevici Seminar.
Applications will be evaluated by a committee composed of Physics and Astronomy faculty.